It’s a little late for me to be posting my New Year’s resolutions now, but it’s better late than never, right? Anyway. Two days ago it was my birthday, and aging another year made me realize that I really need to get my act together for the blog. I need to work harder this year, especially since I’m going to be busy beyond belief.
So I’ve made a list of goals.
- Write at least 50 reviews in 2013. I’m scared that I won’t succeed here because I haven’t reviewed a book in so long, but I can’t say anything until I try, right? And to help me achieve this goal, I’ve also decided to review manga.
- Sign up for 6 blog tours. I already have 2 scheduled!
- Interview my first author. I’ve been promising to do this for a long time now, but I’ve just never gotten around to it.
- Read at least 80 books. Initially I wanted to read 100, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to read that many since I’ll be so busy.
- Read at least 8 classics. My parents have been nagging me to start reading classics for a while, too. ^^
I have some personal goals, too.
- Don’t stress. School is tough and homework is annoying, but I’m not willing to compromise my health for an A on a test.
- Drink more water! My mom often complains that I don’t drink enough water (I’m often dehydrated) which doesn’t have a huge effect on my health now but when I’m older…
- Do not procrastinate. (Though I doubt I’ll manage to accomplish this.) Heck, right now I’m writing this post to procrastinate doing my homework.
- Start writing again. I remember that when I was a little girl, I used to write stories all the time. Nowadays I never get the chance. I want to enhance my creative writing skills and I want to express my opinion. I just need to find the opportunity.
- Hang out more with my friends and don’t be antisocial. I’m often closed in and I avoid talking to people. I ought to talk more.
- Strive to become a better Christian. My faith has fallen a little in the past year and I’m hoping that I can boost it back up soon.
But yes. I’ve decided not to enter in any reading challenges this year except for Goodreads’s so that I don’t stress myself out too much. This year I’m going to take it easy and do things one step at a time so that I don’t crash and burn. I will succeed! *fist pump* Wish me luck!